Nowadays, you are probably being inundated with CBD information from retailers, friends, and family. It seems like everyone is singing the praises of the cannabinoid and it’s hard to sort through the bevy of information. One of the main questions asked by new CBD users focuses on delivery methods - which are the best? This isn’t an easy question to answer because what works well for one person might not be ideal for another’s unique needs. Let’s explore the various delivery methods so you can determine which one is best for you.
At Also Organics, we offer several tinctures to fit your unique needs. CBD tinctures are made up of CBD oil mixed with a carrier. Tinctures are concentrated so a little bit goes a long way. You can add a CBD tincture to your favorite beverages or ingest it sublingually (hold under the tongue). Typically, taking it sublingually is the fastest and most effective method.
- Easy to use: The small bottle will easily fit in your purse, pocket, backpack, or briefcase.
- Fast-acting: When ingested sublingually, tinctures are very fast-acting. It usually takes 15 to 20 minutes to start feeling the effects.
- Highly efficient: Sublingually administered CBD is highly efficient due to its rapid absorption.
- Ideal for high dosage: CBD tinctures are ideal for high dosage administration.
- Difficult dosage: The dropper can make it more difficult to achieve accurate dosage.
- Shorter effects: The effects of CBD tinctures can wear off quicker than other ingestibles.
Many people adore the ease of ingesting CBD gummies. The sweet treats are easy to pop during the day when you need a CBD boost. You can carry a small bottle of gummies for when you need them the most. At Also Organics, we offer 25 mg CBD gummies and 10 mg gummies so you can get the dose you need every time.
- Easy to consume: A flavored treat that is packed with CBD. You can pop one in your mouth anytime for a dose of CBD.
- Correct dosage: There is no guessing about how much CBD you are ingesting because each gummy is loaded with the correct amount of CBD.
- Long-lasting: The effects of gummies usually last up to 12 hours.
- Slow to take effect: It takes time for the body to absorb the CBD when you ingest it and it must pass through your gastrointestinal tract. Depending on the individual, it might take from 45 minutes up to two hours to feel the effects.
CBD topicals have become exceedingly popular because you can pinpoint the pain or discomfort and directly apply cream or ointment. Many people enjoy topical usage of CBD for sore muscles, inflamed joints, or skin irritation. At Also Organics we offer a 500 mg CBD pain salve or a 1000 mg CBD pain salve. You’ll also enjoy our collection of CBD skin balms, body lotion, hand lotion, and hand sanitizers.
- Direct application: Apply directly to the area of discomfort.
- Discreet: Smooth in the lotion when needed.
- Easy to use: Rub on the area until completely absorbed.
- Difficult to dose: It’s hard to know exactly how much your skin absorbs.
- Low absorption rate: Everyone’s skin is different. Some people might be able to absorb lotions rapidly and others not.
- Only for localized discomfort: A topical treats a specific area where it is applied. It is not intended as an all-over treatment option. Instead, you should opt for tinctures or other types of ingestibles.
Many CBD users prefer to take a simple capsule to ingest their daily dose of CBD. In fact, they can take the capsule right alongside all their morning vitamins and supplements. Also Organics offers CBD Gel Caps in 25 and 50 mg doses.
- Accurate dosage of CBD: You never have to worry about taking too little or too much if you opt to use CBD gel caps. Each one contains a full measure of CBD per capsule.
- Ease of use: Gel caps are easy to take. You can carry them in your purse, pocket, or briefcase to ingest when you need a dose of CBD.
- Difficult to swallow: Some people have a hard time swallowing a capsule.
As you can see, there are a variety of delivery methods and one is not necessarily the best over another. They are each designed to meet the needs of certain individuals. CBD tinctures remain the most popular delivery method, but you’ll need to explore what works best for you.
If you aren’t sure where to start, take our quiz to get a personalized recommendation.